Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New New York

Firstly, this is now day 4 of being in Manhattan. It's what i hoped and needed it to be. I knew I was a cosmopolitan being who suffered through the stagnation of suburbia. I have my roots tied to both realms, but the reality is, I know that in order to flourish, the transition to New York was essential. On that note, I've been at Jimmy's and with my All-American charm (the irony) and his address, I began the search for employment. It seemed bleak with the stone-cold faces i met at some places, but I landed one interview. That interview was today, and it was even more successful than landing the interview; i landed the job (a good one at that) with Papyrus. Tomorrow I'm meeting with the district manager who will deem me worthy of a keyholder position, in which that case i'll be making upto 25 dollars and hour (which would make may life soooooo much easier).

This 'burban boy managed to catch up with all his city folk in a matter of days. I headed south to Crown heights to meet up with Carlee. We went to Beer Garden (which I've heard so much about yet unable to go to until then) and had LI iced teas and caught up. Bessie met us up and we continued chatting, and went over to their ice cream shop: Blue Marble. It's this quaint organic coffee shop/ ice cream parlor. They're amazing. Strolled down Eastern Parkway and went back to the ladies' layer. Had some wine, played some cards, like old times.

Today after a successful interview, I headed uptown to see Cat. We discussed poverty (ours specifically lol), and took a stroll around the neighborhood. I FINALLY WENT TO PINKBERRY! Frozen yogurt has never been this good, kiwi, chocolate chips and these little rice-puff things. Then walked around the Columbia campus until we found a nice shady spot and laid on the grass. There was this crazy Frenchwoman feeding the squirrels, and she attracted the most pudge one of the all over to us with a peanut. Afterward, we went out for a ridiculously large slice of pizza down the street. Traversed back to Wash. Heights and checked out the neighborhood for a bit. It's so pretty once you walk away from Broadway, and the GW bridge.

Pictures are up so check them out.

... and check out the latest issue of New York, there's this amazing article about the latest trend in plastic surgery. About Face. There's also this great chronology which follows about 4000 years of beauty and the vast differences in preferences over time. It's pretty cool.

No comments: