Sunday, August 24, 2008

Har

I had the pleasure of having brunch with Ms. Stephanie Layne on Thursday. This fantastic Purchase jet-setter flew in from Rochester for an interview at the Guggenheim. Tuscan platter (for 2) at Le Pain Quotidien, c'etait le plus meilleur chose pour manger la. That evenings adventures began with a trip to Crown Heights to see Carlee and Bess. I got a chance to meet the 3 kids crashing on their couch. They're cool and apparently Kelly met them off of a couchsurfing website. We had a few drinks and then we went dumpster diving. I've never done it before, but you can find some really good food that has been thrown out just because fresher produce has arrived. It was weird for me at first, but hey after a few glasses of wine anyone's inhibitions go out the door lol. I also picked up a cute guy's number as we rummaged through the garbage in

On another note after that horrific incident on the subway on Wed, I gained SOME dignity back last night on my way back from work. According to 3 different black women (one of them being a crackhead on the M60), I have the most amazing hair in all of Harlem.

There have been some very interesting things going on. Such as the crazy rooftop party in Bed Sty on Friday night... Wicked fun. Dragged Jurell, Issa, and Lizzy with me to that after some drinks at the Slaughtered Lamb to meet up with my usuals in BK. Last night was equally as entertaining: Limerick on 6th and 23rd followed by an insane party at an apartment in the LES. So gay so trashy so hilarious.

No comments: