Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Something more than tidal

All my endeavors to capture your heart failed.
Seeing that you may have found your shot at happiness brings me some joy,
but with it is the ultimate sadness that a person could feel.
To know that perhaps happiness is out there for you, just not with me.

And it makes me wonder, what about me? Have I deflected any chance at romance that I would have had because I waited, I waited for you to answer my enamored calls, my romantic gestures, my hopeful wishes?

The greatest hurt that a person may get to know is simply that of knowing that enough wasn't enough, and that you're simply not 'the one.' To see the faulty hand dealt in a game that felt like a sure win... It's a shock, it's devastating, it's every emotion that comes with having your hopes trampled over.

Congratulations. You have found your chance, and i still wait on the day that someone beckons my call. I'm a weak person, and let my walls down for an idiot the let the house tuble down. Now i sit in rubble and all i can do is pout. I don't have the nerve to cry, i just want to beat the shit out of him. As if pounding hard will solve anything.

I have to watch the sea, gravitating gravel and sand, washing it from the beaches.
The present pulling at the future, each pebble and grain, a body being carried away. As they drift these particles can only hope that their movement is something more than tidal. Are they being guided by this tremendous force, or is it a deceitful force, derailing them from their determined place? Let the torrent lead the way to the sunny shore where each fragment can rest calmly. I am tempted to let the ocean put me adrift, and hope that I too can find my way to a peaceful shore, where I can rest at last.

No comments: