Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hollow

So the deal is, Long Island will be home, Purchase refuge, and Manhattan a mere memory embedded into the past. Brooklyn was wishful thinking for the now, but perhaps in the near future it will be the reality that it should be.

Driving down the familiar roads where I felt the brisk cold along with the hollowness of being alone. In a car, hazy from the residue of my escape from reality, pungent smell of amnesia. Recoiling to behavior from the past, deemed counterproductive. Feelings being scooped up like the scraps at the bottom of a sherbet container. Hollowed.

Rellename, con algo, con espiritu, con sabiduria, avec un chose que m'aidera

1 comment:

daytrippr said...

I'm sorry to hear BK didn't quite pan out for this semester. If for some reason, I don't end up staying with Jos this summer- I'd totally be down for getting a place with you in Brooklyn. I would only live there for the summer, but I'm sure we could find someone to fill the space by then. Just some food for thought.

& I really like this:
"In a car, hazy from the residue of my escape from reality, pungent smell of amnesia."
Maybe because I know that scene all too well myself.
Miss you & I can't wait until we're all reunited next week.