Thursday, January 1, 2009

New years

It's the new year. Finally. This year was a mess, and things need to left behind in 08.

The boys, the apartment, the anxiety of trying to do things for myself.

What happened?

How come I let so much crawl under my skin? All i can think about is how i texted Brenton... in the middle of a warehouse in Brooklyn. Party aside, something was just bottled up inside, that needed to exit before the ball dropped. I don't feel comfortable writing his name, because of what it reminds me of... I guess I thought things were going to go my way. I was wrong, but with most things of this nature, you grow and learn from it.

I'm starting 2009 on my own, and that's fine. (I failed to find someone special). I've grown accustomed to being my support system. With a little help from my friend's maybe this year will be something great, something memorable. That isn't to say that 2008 was a total disaster, there were many memories that made me happy, honestly. :) There's still a feeling of dissatisfaction, but it shouldn't overshadow those good moments: being able to live on my own, even if just for a bit, making shit happen in the city, fun times with the boys of 12-2 and the girls of crown heights, even the moments with the boys..., even my monkey (even if he's no longer mine).

The party was amazing. Carlee, Bess, Kelly, and myself went to the warehouse district of Bushwick to hit up a party there. 4 floors of fun: 1 floor for the DJ, another for the bands, and the other 2 where just for more partying. A recollection of the events after midnight's fall is almost impossible, but I do remember getting puked on... and it dribbling into my boots haha. Bess was wasted and made a mess. It was messy.

Cheers to 2009, and to all that it can bring to me.

2 comments:

J-House said...

I feel like 2009 is going to be full of new chances and plenty of experiences that will open new connections for everyone. As long as you keep your chin up and believe in yourself I believe the best will follow. Also, getting puked on? That has to be new luck, like bird shit right?

RooRooPants said...

haha, I'm not Polish, but yeah, i'll take that.

Dropping names, dropping labels, so gotta hope that 09 will live up to some expectations.