Sunday, May 10, 2009

que coisa?!



The two things that have become apparent during the last few months:

1. Saturday Night Live is back. It's witty and fairly humorous again after about 9 seasons of mediocre skits and players. The guests all have a sense of humor again, and the musical performances have gotten substantively better (especially post-Ashley Simpson's lip-syncing incident). The recent inductees into the SNL cast have sparked laughter again into topical humor, in particular Kristin Wiig (who I'm fascinated with), Jason Sudeikis, Fred Armisen and Bill Hader.

2. Portuguese: that will be the fourth language I intend on acquiring. I've fallen in love with the lusophone culture, in particular the motherland, Portugal, Brazil, and Angola. The music is awe-inspiring, and the language is sexy despite the fact that it has some resemblence to sloppy, slurred Spanish. Jaja. I want to live in Brazil, so that will be part of my 3-year plan.

No comments: