Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Atonement

This was all self-afflicted damage. I wanted to know what it feels like to burn, so I set everything ablaze. The smoke cloud my eyes no more: my vision now desensitized to the sting of these dense clouds. In this rubble, all I see is myself. My body standing there, hollow and empty like a cocoon disposed of by my inner demons. Now this container must be filled again. With no monsters left in me, I have to find myself, and rise again. The phoenix rises from the ash I am told, and so like that enchanted bird, I must do the same. Everything has been charred and reduced to nothing, so it is in that mess that I must find myself.

I burnt so many bridges, how will I traverse to the other side? Where my real life is? The reconstruction has to start somewhere, so it is time to break ground on this bridge. Crossover. I can only hope that somethings are not irreplaceable, that they be replaced, or at least fixed

No comments: