Monday, March 16, 2009

I love new york

I love you, dear city.

Our affair started one day, years ago in Jamaica.
With one F you showed me Queens, Kings and Manhattan.
With one A, I traversed your champagne bottle: the brim to the bottom.
With one R, I went from China to Korea, from stardom to a more subtle ground.

Though you've taken me all over the world, it's just a microcosmic taste.
I want to see the world; engorge in the larger picture which i have yet to see.
But I've decided, we must part our ways.
Though you feed me with the culture and the life that my body craves, I feel as if I haven't progressed anymore. I can't.

No longer am I on my toes wary of what may come, I see it before it even comes.
What happened to the spontaneous ville that left me wide-eyed and eager?
It's been harder for you to amuse me, and that worries me.
You're the greatest (and longest) love affair I've had, but I need more.
You'll always be in my heart. But I have to leave you soon, I need to continue to grow.
This plant can't remain potted in your soil forever.
These roots need to stretch for a while.

No comments: