Wednesday, February 25, 2009

SeniorProject

I (finally) got some work done on my senior project. This thesis is going to be my pride and joy. It will be an in-depth analysis of the translation of selected poetic works in English, Spanish, and French. Though many of them will be translation of surrealist poems, I do want to work with the Romanticism movement, in particular, Byron, Shelley and Keats. Surrealist poets will probably include Garcia Lorca, Aragon, Eluard, Cesaire, Beckett, and of course Breton. One other poet included in all of this is me, as I will proudly work with some (2 i think) of my own poems.

I also will be working with 3 songs, only 2 which i've at the moment selected, Frou Frou - It's good to be in love, and Natasha Bedingfield - These words, the latter being a source of literary inspiration and the first kind of fits in with all these other poems of unrequited love, and the concept of shoulda woulda coulda...

It now has a direction and and primary sources. Time to piece together the bibliography.

No comments: