Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pupusas!


Probably something that I haven't bother to mention: My parents are from El Salvador. That having been said: I have a soft spot for Latin cuisine, in particular that which is typical of my parents' homeland. When I was living in Washington Heights, I was able to find a Salvadoran restaurant, and now here in Brooklyn, I was fortunate enough to find not one, but two different shops.

This one has come to be my favorite since it's inception and since my discovery:


I have yet to meet the namesake, but I have met her sister and another woman who also runs the place. The first time I went there was with Aiden as we wandered around our neighborhood (which doesn't seem to happen as often as it should) around dinner time. I got excited upon discovering that this once hot dog stand is now a Central American nook.

P.S. I even went "fat kid" and stored the number into my phone in case I get a Salvadoran craving.