Thursday, October 29, 2009

Multimedia message

So... Another reason why I love NYC: I was on a BK-bound L last night with a coworker. It was packed, and although I stunk of onions and jalapeños, someone else was far more pungent. Something around the lines of foot and wet dog. So we have a random verbal encounter with a sassy Latina woman in regards to the chaos known as the late-night L.

Get on the shuttle bus departing from Lorimer, and I hear the same biker kid from the train screaming at the dispatcher. He had al reason to: they wouldn't let him on the bus with his bike. I remembered that he was saying something on the train about his excitement to be home after 3 days of not being there. Justified fury.

This reignited the conversation with the same Latina whom I was speaking with on the L.

Which brings me to today. That same woman recognized me while I was transferring at Lorimer. She knocked on the train window as it departed the station. I hope to run into her again.

No comments: